Simple Pear Pie with Fragrant Cinnamon
Do you have a sweet tooth? Bake a pear pie, which is really easy to prepare. The base is juicy pears and cinnamon, which will help to create a Christmas atmosphere even in the summer. We also include the nutritional values in the recipe so you can keep your snacking under control.
160g spelt flour
1 tbsp xylitol
pinch of salt
1 tbsp vinegar
a little cold water
3 large pears
3 tbsp xylitol
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp butter
WHAT ELSE WE NEED:
xylitol for sprinkling
1. Pour flour, xylitol and salt into a large bowl, stir and add cold cut butter. Use your fingers to make fine crumbs.
2. Pour in all the vinegar and add cold water a tablespoon at a time. Stir the dough continuously and add just enough water so that it does not stick to your fingers, but crumbles slightly.
3. When the dough has the right consistency, shape it into a loaf on the working surface. Put the dough wrapped in foil in the fridge for 30 minutes (in the freezer for about 10 minutes).
4. While the dough is cooling, mix the cinnamon, xylitol, nutmeg and melted butter in another bowl.
5. Peel the pears and slice them thinly. Put them into the bowl with the cinnamon mixture and gently stir them to coat them in the mixture. Let it rest for a while.
6. Place the chilled dough on floured baking paper and roll out into a circle about 23 cm in diameter. Then place it and the paper on the baking tray.
7. Place the pears in a circle away from the centre of the dough – but not all the way to the edge. Let there be some free space. Finally, fold the edges in and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
8. Spread the edge of the cake with beaten egg and sprinkle with a little xylitol. Bake the pear pie in a preheated oven at 200 °C on the upper and lower heat for about 30 to 35 minutes.
Let the finished pear tart cool and cut it into triangles. You can garnish it with sliced almonds or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Pear pie tastes best fresh. I’m sure it won’t be a problem for you. And it’s so easy, you can bake it anytime.