Asparagus is a great vegetable. Not only it taste amazing, but it has loads of health benefits, such as high iron content, which strengthens our immune system. Asparagus helps to detoxify our body or it helps fight inflammation. And its currently in the season so just try this great asparagus soup.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 500g White Asparagus (you can use green asparagus as well)
- 2 Onions
- 1 Spring Onion
- 50g Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 700 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Tvaroh
- 4 Eggs
1. Wash the spinach and asparagus. Then peel the white asparagus (if you use green asparagus you do not need to do this) and chop off the tips. Put the tips aside as you will need them later.
2. Chop the onions, spring onions into small pieces and crush the garlic. Chop the asparagus stalks into pieces
3. Heat up 1 tsp of olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onion, spring onion and garlic until it is soft. Turn down the heat and add the asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Tear the spinach and add to the saucepan. Keep on stirring for another 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil.
5. Turn the heat off and use a blender to blend the soup until it is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste to the soup.
6. In a pan heat up 1 tsp of olive oil and add the asparagus tips and salt and pepper. Cook the tips for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
7. Poach the 4 eggs in a saucepan of boiling water.
8. Serve the soup into a bowl, add the asparagus tips and a poached egg to each bowl. Add 1 tbsp tvaroh to each bowl as well.
Nutrition (per serving)
Kcal: 182, Carbs: 13g, Protein: 13.6g, Fat: 8.5