The most beloved Christmas tradition in fitness version - Protein Gingerbread
Did you know that the production of honey dough dates back to the Middle Ages? There were even gingerbread guilds in Europe and gingerbread was a valuable sweet that was often a Christmas gift underneath the Christmas tree. Today, baking gingerbread is one of the most popular traditions in many families. They brighten up the home – every member of the family has fun cutting them out and decorating them. In addition, it’s one of the cakes that we simply can’t imagine Christmas without.
We have a healthier protein version for you again!
- 90g plain spelt flour
- 80g wholemeal flour
- 20g vanilla protein
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50g melted butter100g honey (who likes sweeter, can add more)
- First, mix all dry ingredients.
- Gradually add wet ingredients.
- Work the dough by hand, wrap it in cling film and leave it to rest in a cooler place for a few hours.
- On a floured board, roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 3-4 mm and cut out.
- Bake at 170 °C for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Store in a resealable glass bottle.
HERE IS A TIP: Gingerbread can be decorated not only with sugar icing, but also with white chocolate.