Panecillos de vainilla y galletas Linzer. ¡Hornea tus dos recetas navideñas favoritas de forma sana y ligera!
If we asked you what Christmas smells like, several scents would come to mind – the smell of tangerines or fresh pine needles, but also the smell of fried fish and cabbage soup. But now imagine the time just before Christmas, when families bake Christmas cookies. Do you smell vanilla? :)
Thanks to our recipes, you can conjure up the aroma of vanilla rolls and linzer cookies and not worry about whether they are too sweet and unhealthy. We have adapted your grandmothers’ recipes into a healthier form for you.
Vanilla rolls from spelt and poppy seed flour
- 80g spelt flour
- 50g poppy seed flour
- 50g coconut sugar
- 80g butter/coconut oil
- 50g walnuts
- vanilla sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add melted butter or coconut oil to the mixture and work into a dough.
- When everything is combined well and the dough is smooth, shape it into rolls.
- Bake at 150 °C for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, roll them in vanilla sugar (not completely hot, so the sugar doesn’t dissolve).
Light linzer cookies with almonds
- 180g plain spelt flour
- 100g powdered cane sugar
- 20g vanilla protein (optional)
- 20g ground almonds
- 50g ground poppy seeds
- two egg yolks
- 130g melted butter
- a quality jam
- powdered cane sugar for sprinkling
- First mix the dry ingredients, then add the egg yolks and butter. Make the dough.
- If the dough is too stiff, you can add a little water. Wrap it in foil and set it aside in a cooler place for a few hours.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the dough to a thickness of about ½ cm and cut out your favourite shapes.
- Bake at 150 °C for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stick the cookies with jam and sprinkle with powdered cane sugar.
A TIP: If you don’t have powdered cane sugar on hand, simply prepare it by grinding cane sugar in a blender :)